Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Family Goals

Me: What should our family goals be for this year?

N: Survive

Me: Oh.

Me (thinking): I don't want to just survive. I want to thrive!! Yes, I know we are busy and you are in school, but I still want it to be more than surviving. I want us to sit and plan (type A, Myers Briggs J type). I want to come up with these goals together! Bummer.

Once again, my people pleaser self does not communicate my desires.

We can't always get what we want. And, it's not always about me. I'm reminded of this over and over. Was Jesus a J or a P? He seemed to live his life as a P, but I think His whole salvation and plan for the world thing reeks of J. Hmmm. Your thoughts?!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya Meg. I don't know what personality score I have (I'm sure Will does), but it doesn't matter. Even though God had a plan all along, He has a whole lot more patience than myself (and that's an understatement!

    ReplyDelete