Sunday, January 3, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

* clean smooth sheets
* empty laundry hampers
* clean floors (I like to walk bare foot!)
* snuggling under a warm, soft, cozy blanket
* empty sink & clean counters
* freshly shaved legs
* a hot meal that I didn't make
* clean car
* made bed
* seeing the surface of our dining table

But, I need a reality check. None of those things above do I have at the moment. So, here are a few of my favorite things that really matter...that I do have:

* the scrumptious hugs of my two year old
* tender touch of my husband's hand on my back when he walks by
* the delicate laughter of my baby
* rest
* the encouraging word of a coworker
* the friend who makes me laugh
* someone who cares enough to help
* my daughter can see my face
* the hope and truth God's Word brings me
* knowledge that: i am loved

No comments:

Post a Comment