Saturday, January 9, 2010

I am such a sap.


Twice in the last couple days, I have been keenly reminded of this.


Heard of or read the book Love You Forever?  Every time I've read this book, I cry, sometimes just weep.  I can't handle it!  The mom who rocks her boy to sleep every night and sings him a special song (I even made up a tune for it).  Then, she gets old and he rocks HER, sings her the same song.

Then, I hear others who tell me they think it's a creepy book.  WHAT?  How did I miss the creepy part and always hone in on the sadness?  Yes, I guess it IS a little weird for someone to drive with a ladder in the middle of the night over to their grown son's house, climb up, crawl in a window and rock and sing to a man who was already asleep!

I still think I'll cry though if I read it again.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Then, today, I saw the movie UP for the first time.  Yes, I may be the last person in America to see it finally.

Okay, they had me crying within 5 minutes.  What's up with that?  Great.  Wife dies, dreams and promises go unfulfilled.  Thanks Pixar.

Yes, but they had a great life together you say, right?  Sure.  That doesn't make it any less sad to me.

And thanks for all the sympathy & comfort I get from my understanding husband. (insert sarcasm)




2 comments:

  1. Hate to blow your bubble, haven't seen UP yet, let alone heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, Meg. I cry every time I read that book, and I don't care if people think it's creepy. It's a great example of the depths of a mothers love. As for UP, Ben and I were both blubbering babies and almost had to leave the theater!! You're in good company! ;o)

    ReplyDelete