Saturday, January 2, 2010

Compulsion or Good Habit?

I LOVE waking up to a clean house.

BTW - The definition of "clean" gets looser and more vague as each year of motherhood goes by.

I do not like to do the dishes, clean the kitchen, sweep the floor, put toys away, fold and put away clean laundry, sort the mail, pick up all the dirty laundry, throw another load in, clean up Maddy's art messes, etc. However, if I don't do it, it won't just magically get done!

Last night, exhausted, I just ignored it all and went to bed which felt great at the moment. Now, I'm up and so frusrated!

Can't seem to win! I am often told by my well meaning husband, "just let it go". I may be able to physically let it go at times, but internally, I still go crazy!

Thanks Mom...I got this from you!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I am like you in my mind.. but like Nico in my actions. But what I've seen is that it can get overwhelming so quickly if I ignore it all. The only way for me to survive is to do my best to take care of it everyday. Not saying that it does. But that's one of my goals... to deal with the mail, the dishes, the cooking everyday so that I don't get to a Saturday and want to just stay in bed!

    ReplyDelete