Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What do you miss?

I miss my family.  More specifically, I miss my parents and my brothers.  Sometimes, many days go by and I don't talk to any of them and I get sad.  And sometimes I find myself jealous of those families who all live in the same area and hang out together a lot...and actually enjoy it!  I know some folks don't really enjoy their families or they're really unhealthy and that's such a bummer.

Today's one of those days.  So much rain.  Lots of mess in our basement.  It flooded while the power was out.  Tragedy in Haiti - so many people losing loved ones, even entire families.  Life is so fleeting, so precious, so easily wasted.  Lord, help us make the best use of the time we have here.

Husband's at class.  Spent a lot of time with just my girls today.  What a crazy day.  We miss him when he's not here!

I'm just missing my family.  I'd love my mom to be nearer and get more time with my girls.  I'd love them to know their uncles better.  I wish the time we got to spend together wasn't always to rushed and forced because of birthdays or holidays, more time to just be together and hang out!

I guess I'm weird that way.  C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?!  We don't always get what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment